2018's information is provided here to give you an idea of how the trip is planned. 2019 information will be posted once available.
2018 Overview (June 4, 2018)
- Day 0: Friday, June 15 - Volunteer River Cleanup
CAMP OPENS ~6PM FRIDAY NIGHT, JUNE 15, FOR ANYONE WHO WISHES TO COME IN THE NIGHT BEFORE. PLEASE REVIEW DIRECTIONS TO NEWE CAMP ON DAY 1 PLAN.
- Day 1: Saturday, June 16 - NEWE Camp (Equinunk, Pa.) to Callicoon (Pa.)
- Day 2: Sunday, June 17 - Callicoon to Narrowsburg (N.Y.)
- Day 3: Monday, June 18 - Lackawaxen River: Kittatinny Canoes Threshman's Access to Delaware River: Zane Grey Access (Lackawaxen, Pa.)
- Day 4: Tuesday, June 19 - Worthington State Forest (N.J.) to Driftstone on the Delaware Camp (Mt. Bethel, Pa.)
- Day 5: Wednesday, June 20 - Driftstone on the Delaware Camp to Talen/PPL (Martins Creek, Pa.)
- Day 6: Thursday, June 21 - Riegelsville (N.J.) to Giving Pond Recreation Area (Upper Black Eddy, Pa.)
- Day 7: Friday, June 22 - Giving Pond Recreation Area to Bulls Island (N.J.)
- Day 8: Saturday, June 23 - Paddle the Crosswicks and Watson creeks, Bordentown (N.J.)
- These day plans include driving directions. Some directions are listed turn by turn and some are links to download/create your own directions.
- For Monday, June 18, there are special safety rules in effect:
- All rentals will be rafts.
- Those in kayaks must have and use their own spray skirts and helmets.
- No canoes and no one in kayaks without spray skirts and helmets; you will be in rafts.
- Daily plans may change due to river levels and weather conditions.
Other Items of Interest:
- 2018 Sojourn Flyer
- Sojourn Pack List
- ACA Waiver - Adult
- ACA Waiver - Child
- NEWE Waiver (each participant renting a kayak from NEWE, our livery, must sign)
- 2018 Safety Plan