What are the Sojourn's Policies?
For your safety and that of your fellow sojourners, the following policies will be in effect:
1. No glass containers are allowed on the river.
2. All participants must attend the daily safety briefing conducted by the National Canoe Safety Patrol before launching. Participants must adhere to the safety guidelines presented.
3. All participants must sign a liability waiver. Parents must sign for children under 18 years old. The signed waiver should accompany your registration form.
4. Participants must wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device (PFD) at all times on the river. These are provided with rentals.
5. Participants under the age of 18 are the responsibility of, and must be accompanied by, a parent or guardian at all times. Children need to be able to swim and must weigh at least 40 pounds to be properly fitted with a PFD.
6. Follow the directives of the safety patrol and sojourn staff in the event of bad weather, hazardous conditions, or an emergency.
7. No pets allowed.
8. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the river. We fully abide by the alcohol policies of the campgrounds in which we stay.
9. Footwear (river shoes, river sandals, surf mocs, or old sneakers) must be worn at all times.
10. Exhibit courteous behavior and respect private and public property. Check out the Sojourn's Positive Behavior Matrix.
Sojourn organizers encourage participants to adhere to "Leave No Trace" principles and reduce the amount of waste generated during the trip. Keep this in mind:
"Nature never breaks her own laws," said Leonardo da Vinci. People do.